It would appear it was that time a year again. AT LAST.
The time of year everyone gets wrapped up all cosey in their favorite winter woolys. Hats, gloves and scarfs are all coming to play. Were all getting excited over the thought of that famous dinner. Wrapping up presents to put under that newly decorated tree. That's right. Christmas is fast approaching!
I just can't fault Christmas. There is nothing about the thought of snow falling outside whilst we all unwrap presents with our families and munch on yummy Christmas treats that I do not like. Going outside and seeing everything so lit up magically. Going to the local Christmas light switch on whilst sipping on hot wine and nibbling on a Mince pie or Gingerbread Snowman. Finding out the German Christmas market will be back again this year! Without a shadow of a doubt, Christmas is my favorite time of year and i'm more than certain i'm not alone here.
Now don't get me wrong, I know its HIGHLY unlikely that we have snow on Christmas day, but doesn't the though of it just excite us all? We still associate that snowy background with Christmas, I mean, look at this years John Lewis advert. Isn't it just the loveliest thing you have seen all year! Now THAT is what I call a Christmassy advert. I know your all probably thinking, wait a minute, isn't she getting a bit ahead of herself here, we havn't even opened the first door of our advent calender yet! And I know, but for me the countdown began at the beginning of November! As soon as it becomes sociably acceptable for me to be excited, I'm going to take full advantage. As soon as those Christmas decorations and cards start appearing in the shops! That's when I start begging my poor mother to put up the tree.
Decorations is a MASSIVE part to Christmas. Whether they be full tack central. Or tasteful and delightful. We in this country just can't help our self when it comes to going all out with the decorations. I know it's only a matter of weeks before i'm walking down the road and I pass a dozen houses covered in tacky fairy lights we all share different opinions on. Lets call them marmite lights. Now personally, I don't mind these marmite lights. However if they are just splodged all over the front of your house with no effort whatsoever, I take a massive dislike to this. Also when people put up about TEN different Father Christmases up outside their house... really? Be clever about it guys comon! There is only one Father Christmas! And only one Rudolph... so just put one of each up... don't put TEN!
Or how about when people put a really nice little light up Father Christmas on the lawn. Then next to that they have a GIANT blow up Rudolph. I know its only fun decorations but sorry this really grinds my gears! I can guarantee I am not alone as well. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a really beautiful set of decorations up. Tasteful, cute, Christmassy decorations that just make you stop and stare and want to go home put on your best Christmas film and curl up under an equally beautifully decorated tree.
Indoor decorations you have to be massively careful with! go overboard and it could make you feel a bit sick. I used to love the way my Grandma would decorate her house at Christmas. Christmas cards up the stairs, fake snow on the chest of draws with a cute little nativity display on top. Beautiful Christmas Tree decorated to perfection sticking to one red and gold color scheme, Angel on top. I think one VITAL thing it comes to when decorating is always that colour scheme, when doing your tree, don't go for a mixture of colors, stick to one scheme! and I guarantee it will end up looking 10 times more amazing :) And don't just slap that tinsel on like its no ones business! be careful where you place it, now i'm not trying to take the fun away from decorating that tree! Don't get me wrong I love throwing the tinsel on there, but it always looks prettier when its done nicely :)
There's nothing I wish for more each Christmas than that snow falling outside when I look out the window early in the morning! I think it goes without saying, We all wish for that gorgeous sight of snow laid outside whilst we are all indoors with our families unwrapping our gifts too each other. Then comes the food! The Delicious array of meats, veg and those massively loved Yorkshire puddings. Feeling like you need to go and put on a pair of maternity pants after you have finished your meal yet still picking up a Mince pie to go curl up on the sofa with watching The Snowman. Is it feeling a bit more like Christmas already? Because writing this sure has got me more in the spirit! Don't know if your wishing for a white Christmas, But its safe to say I most definately am!








This post is really cute! I am sooo looking forward for Christmas this year!
ReplyDelete